It’s a slow return to normality… well, as normal as the “new normal” will be. Ryanair are inundating my inbox with adverts for flights abroad for next to nothing and honestly, I’m dying for a bit of warm seaside action and an ice cream…
Enter your email below to get all the latest CAL details and to get alerts when the next monthly panel is revealed!
July for me has always meant summer. I remember as a kid, waiting for term to end and having a blissful 6 weeks off. Well, now I’ve had about 15 but somehow they haven’t been as long and peaceful as the summers of years past.
A is an ice cream fiend, so there is always an assortment in our fridge. He loves mango sorbet, and I’m a sucker for mint choc chip, raspberry ripple or rum n raisin. In fact, when I studied at UConn, there was an ice cream creamery on campus and coconut used to be my number 1- regardless of the time of year. Even with knee-high snow I’d trek for some of that coconut ice!
Coconut ice cream in England just hasn’t been the same. Take me back to those Connecticut cows!
During lockdown we seem to have acquired a rather humorous addition to the neighbourhood- an ice cream van that MOOs as its drives around the corner! If that doesn’t make you want to grab an ice cream then I don’t know what will!
So as an ode to an 11-year old me, and to the UConn creamery, the July panel is….
July Ice Cream
* This panel has an easier alternative if the cone is looking a bit too intimidating. Just do the whole inside of the cone in Camel/light brown to avoid any short colour changes.
You will need:
- 23m (25 yards) in Stylecraft Special DK in Citron
- 174m (190 yard) in Stylecraft Special DK in Fondant
- 12m (13 yards) in Stylecraft Special DK in Gold (accent brown in cone)
- 11m (12 yards) in Stylecraft Special DK in Mocha (dark brown)
- 10m (11 yards) in Stylecraft Special DK in Camel (main brown cone colour)
- 21m (23 yards) in Stylecraft Special DK in Bright Green
- 38m (42 yards) in Stylecraft Special DK in Sherbet
- 4mm crochet hook. I use my favourite Knit Pro Waves!
- A large-eye yarn needle for weaving in those pesky ends
- Your favourite yarn scissors. Check out this beautiful set.
Again, most questions will be answered here so please read the CAL information here before starting. Every question that gets asked will be added to this document so that everyone can benefit.
Wishing you an endless supply of ice cream (if that’s your thing) and a never-expanding waistline! May those calories never haunt your wardrobe!