Uh-oh, it’s my birthday month! I’ll be another year older imminently, and probably none the wiser! But this panel of the Greenwich Mystery CAL won’t be to celebrate me, but more as a celebration of all things Cinco De Mayo!
When I think of May, I think of Cinco De Mayo, and with that, I think of Mexico, my beautiful fellow crochet-loving friend Lorena, margaritas, burritos and a mariachi band. Mexico is vibrant, it’s happy, it has great food and wonderful people, and this amazing holiday is a celebration of its amazing culture (particularly in the US) that has influenced so many things around us.
Enter your email below to get all the latest CAL details and to get alerts when the next monthly panel is revealed!
So here’s a little taste of Mexico, and a bright spattereing of colour to cheer up this strange lockdown situation. I’m dreaming of Mexico and tequila already….
You will need:
- 6m (7 yards) in Stylecraft Special DK in Black
- 1m (1 yard) in Stylecraft Special DK in White
- 12m (13 yards) in Stylecraft Special DK in Wisteria (background)
- 7m (8 yards) in Stylecraft Special DK in Fondant (pink in ears)
- 26m (29 yards) in Stylecraft Special DK in Mocha (dark brown)
- 66m (72 yards) in Stylecraft Special DK in Camel (light brown)
- 34m (37 yards) in Stylecraft Special DK in Matador
- 11m (12 yards) in Stylecraft Special DK in Bright Green
- 139m (152 yards) in Stylecraft Special DK in Citron
- 4mm crochet hook. I use my favourite Knit Pro Waves!
- A large-eye yarn needle for weaving in those pesky ends
- Your favourite yarn scissors. Check out this beautiful set.
Again, most questions will be answered here so please read the CAL information here before starting. Every question that gets asked will be added to this document so that everyone can benefit.
Wishing you all a healthy and safe lockdown period. Make sure to tag your makes on Instagram and Ravelry for me to see!